Choke or Reactors are of two types Input chokes or Line reactors and Output chokes or Load reactors . Both serve different purpose. Line reactors are also known as Input reactors which are used in the input side of the VFD where are Load reactors or Output reactors are used to protect the motor.
Input Chokes/Line Reactors/Input Reactors :
- Input Chokes are used to protect the VFD from Input power line disturbances that leads to nuisance tripping of VFD and damages of VFD . Rather than protecting the VFD from line disturbances Input chokes also protects the Line from the harmonics generated from Harmonics . Magnetic and Controls line reactors are based on HP and voltage rating of the drive used.
FEATURES OF MAGNETIC AND CONTROLS INPUT CHOKES :
- Available at various Impedance level 3%,5.7%,14% or any other custom built
- VFDs which are prone to disturbances like surge, spikes , transients are completely eliminated
- Reduces Line notching
- Designed to meet IEEE 519 standards
- Terminals that minimizes the space
- Vaccum impregnated
- Protects motor from peak voltage and fast raise times
- Extend semiconductor life
- Attenuation of Line harmonics