- Magnetic and Controls Designs High current transformer to elevate and check the temperature of conductors at high current level in order to simulate the current loading conditions found in electrical circuit
- High current transformer is designed as an open type transformer that uses test object as secondary coil or has minimum number of turns in the secondary coil.
- The conductors core temperature depends on the short circuit current of the testing object
- According to the current going through the test object temperature if the transformer varies.
- The temperature is measured using the temperature probe which is directly connected to the conductor
APPLICATION OF HIGH CURRENT TRANSFORMER
1.Contact temperature measurement of switch gear items
2.Temperature rise test for transformers/cables
3.CT injection test
4.Short circuit labs
5.Pipe pre heating
6.Melting of aluminium