- The isolation transformer is a transformer used to transfer electrical power from a source of alternating current (AC) power to some equipment or device while isolating the powered device from the power source, usually for safety reasons.
- Also, an Isolation Transformer is a device which is use to decouple two circuit, the load to the Isolation Transformer and to the input supply.
- An Isolation transformers suppress electrical noise which occurs in transmission line.
- An isolation transformers block transmission of DC signal from one circuit to other allow ac signal to transmit. It also prevents interference cost by ground looping.
- Electrostatic shield between primary and secondary windings provides cleaner output voltage and helps to reduce spikes and transients.